• 1/2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
• 1/2 cup brown sugar
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
• 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
• 1/2 cup (1/4 lb.) cold butter, cut into chunks
• 12 ounces rhubarb (about 3 stalks)
• 3/4 cup granulated sugar
• 2 tablespoons cornstarch
• 4 cups raspberries, rinsed and drained
• 1. In a bowl, mix oats, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, and salt. With your fingers rub and cut butter into oat mixture until coarse crumbs form. Cover and chill.
• 2. Rinse rhubarb & Cut red parts into 1/2-inch-thick slices; you need 2 cups. In a large bowl, combine granulated sugar, cornstarch, raspberries, and rhubarb and mix gently to coat. Pour into a shallow 2- to 3-quart baking dish and sprinkle evenly with topping.
• 3. Bake in a 350° regular or convection oven until topping is golden brown and fruit is bubbling, about 45 minut…
It’s estimated we spend over 90% of our time indoors and with each generation, we seem to spend less and less time outside. Canadians need sunlight, everyone does! It allows the body to absorb vitamin D, which is great for bones by maintaining your calcium balance, and boosts your immune system, aids in cell differentiation, helps to regulate blood pressure, and plays a role in insulin secretion. Vitamin D helps prevent cancer and depression too.
On top of natural sunlight, reconnecting with the outdoors does a world of good to our emotional health and wellbeing. Plants and trees are natural air filters. Just being in a green area or a forest creates a significant reduction on stress levels while increasing your oxygen levels.
If you’re used to exercising in a gym, try going outside instead. You will likely experience far less ankle, foot, and knee injuries. Doing physical activity outside increases energy and decreases stress levels. It heightens mental awareness and can speed the …
Homeopathy is an alternative and allopathic approach to healing; as opposed to Western medicine. It originated in Germany in the 1750's by a physican that claimed medicine being prescribed back then did as much harm as it did good! A remedy is selected based on the totality of the symptoms. It is believed that using high concentrates of diluted herb, and treating like illnesses with like remedies, aids to relieve symptoms. Homeopathy interprets sickness and disease being caused by disturbances in the ‘life force’, where these disturbances present themselves as symptoms. Today homeopathic remedies are available at your local health food store & stores like Shoppers Drug Mart. One of the most popular with supposed great success is Oscillum for colds & flu.